Aguas Calientes Upgrade Options
Alternative treks -Aguas Calientes upgrade package
This is an upgrade package for treks that already include a nights stay in a hotel in Aguas Calientes, but you would like to upgrade the standard of hotel, meals and train service.
**If you are joining an existing Trekkers Wanted group please check carefully to find out what the rest of the group is doing when in Aguas Calientes! If the group has selected an Aguas Calientes Upgrade then the rest of the people that join MUST select the same option. If you are joining a Standard Trek then you are only able to change your hotel, not the rest of your services. **
Aguas Calientes Upgrade (Code SACU)
|# in group||2-4||5+|
|Price per person||$225||$125|
Single Occupancy - $225 per person
Comfort Plus Aguas Calientes Upgrade (Code CPACU)
|# in group||2-4||5+|
|Price per person||$195||$170|
Single Occupancy - $340 per person
Upscale-Chic Aguas Calientes Upgrade (Code UCACU)
|# in group||2-4||5+|
|Price per person||$240||$215|
Single Occupancy - $435 per person
** The difference between the options, a is the standard of the hotel.
- Upgrade includes - a 3 star hotel, Casa Andina (standard room) Ferre Machu Picchu or Tierra Viva. Note that Casa Andina does not have matrimonial (double) beds in this category. If you need a matrimonial bed, the hotel will be Ferre or Tierra Viva.
- Comfort Plus includes - a night in higher price range 3 star hotel, like El Mapi or Casa Andina (Suite). Both are newer hotels with careful attention to detail.
- Upscale Chic incldues - a 4 star boutique hotel, like Hatun Inti or Casa del Sol.
* note, we can't guarantee the hotels for any night until you have made your reservation. If we are unable to book the hotels listed above, we will book a hotel of similar standard.
all three upgrade types include the same meals and trains.
- Dinner at one of Aguas Calientes better restaurants, like Indio Feliz or Tree House. (Depends on availability) Please note, when El Mapi or Hatun Inti are the hotels included, the meal will be in their own, recommended restaurants. For the Upscale Chic category the dinner will be at Cafe Inkaterra.
- Buffet lunch at Tinkuy Restaurant, located in the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge.
- With limited eating choices at Machu Picchu hunger tends to send clients to Aguas Calientes; by including the buffet lunch we find that clients can visit Machu Picchu early, then go to the buffet to try lots of different Peruvian (and Western) dishes, and then rest and go back for a second look at Machu Picchu.
- Return in Vistadome train rather than Expedition train, which gives you the opportunity for a more varied timetable and to return in a nicer train, with big windows in the roof.
- Your guide accompanies you to your upgraded Restaurant and back on the same Vistadome train.
Deluxe Hotels in Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes
Without doubt, Machu Picchu is a very special place in the world, and for many a visit here is the fullfilment of a lifelong dream to visit and experience this ancient citadel. For others, the achivement of hiking a long distance trek through the mountains is a supreme achivement and the completion of this trek is a good reason to splurge or pamper yourself.
There are two outstanding hotels in Aguas Calientes and Apus Peru can book these hotels for you.
Both Inkaterra Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge and the Sumaq Machu Picchu hotel are gorgeous places to relax, and savour your Machu Picchu experience. You can see further information about these hotels on our Aguas Calientes Accomodationpage (press the Splurge button). Both hotels have highly renowned Spas which are exclusive to guests.
If you wish to stay in one of the worlds most famous hotels, consider a stay at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, the only hotel located near the ruins,with some of the more expensive rooms having mountain views!
Joining a Trekkers Wanted group & Aguas Calientes Upgrades.
If you are joining an existing Trekkers Wanted group please check carefully to find out what the rest of the group is doing when in Aguas Calientes! You will need to purchase the same level of service that they have. If you are joining Standard trek and would like to upgrade, this is not possible. The reason for this and its impact on group dynamic is described below. The only exception is if you would like to Upgrade your hotel, which can be done by talking with your travel consultant.
After a long hike its natural that you want to eat your meals and stay with your group when you arrival in Aguas Calientes - you've completed an adventure of a lifetime with these people and you want to celebrate together.
As our Trekkers Wanted groups bring together trekkers who have a range of budgets, something that is not considered when you sign up for the trek that when you get to Aguas Calientes your choice of an Upgrade (when the rest of the group has not chosen this option), will impact on your last nights together. (ie you won't eat your meal at the same restaurant).
Please check with your travel consultant what choice the other people on the trek have made and we encourage you to consider what the others on your trek are doing at the time of booking.
Unfortunately changes made after arrival in Peru will be subject to cancellation or change fees.